You have reached the final step in the provision of accredited training - the step that means the most to your learners as it is here that they finally, if they achieved it, receive their qualification certificate (for full qualifications) or statement of results (for part qualifications).
Follow the steps below for the verification and certification of learners:
1. Request Verification
As soon as the moderation process is completed and the moderator has endorsed the assessment results, the course administrator must request a verification visit from your line SETA:
- Send an email requesting a verification visit to the Quality Assurer (QA) that was allocated to your organisation during the phase B accreditation;
- Indicate 3 possible dates for verification visit;
- Schedule the verification visit on the course calendar when your line SETA confirms their preferred date (click link below);
2. Compile the "Over-arching Report"
The over-arching report is required to go into the verification file for the verification visit. It is usually compiled by the lead facilitator for the course but may also be compiled by the course administrator. Either way, the course administrator is responsible for ensuring that the report is compiled and included in the verification file on time.
3. Prepare the Verification File
The course administrator must prepare the verification file to be ready on time for the verification visit as scheduled. The following documents and resources must be included in the file:
- The signed attendance registers from the contact tutorial(s);
- Your organisation's proof of accreditation with your line SETA;
- Copy of the request for verification form;
- The Assessor Review;
- The Moderators Report including moderation plan and minutes of the meeting between moderator and assessor(s);
- The over-arching report;
- Copy of the course itinerary;
- Copies of the relevant unit standards;
- QMS Policies for assessment and moderation;
- Copies of the ID document of each learner;
- Copies of the proof of highest qualification for each learner.
The POEs related to the verification must be put into two boxes, one containing those that were moderated and the other containing the remaining POEs that were assessed.
4. Verification visit
The verification visit by your line SETA Verifier now takes place on the scheduled date. Once completed, the Verifier will submit a verification report and checklist and make a recommendation to either endorse the assessment results or not. The Verifier will send the verification results directly to your line SETA, thus opening the process for the final step of certification.
The course administrator must file the verification report.
5. Upload Results to the NLRD
After receiving the verification results from the Verifier, your line SETA will open a window, usually of one-month duration, for the uploading of results onto the NLRD through the data system of the SETA. The course administrator will ensure that they upload all the learner results for the course during this window. The software that enables this uploading to the NLRD needs to be obtained from your line SETA and must be installed on your organisation's computer.
If it is a full qualification, your line SETA will print and courier the certificates to you. The course administrator should follow up with the line SETA to ensure this happens.
If it is a short course made up of one or more unit standards, your organisation will be able to print out the Statement of Results for each learner within 24 hours of uploading the results on the NLRD.
If there is to be a certification ceremony, the certificates or statement of results will be kept for that occasion otherwise they must be posted to each learner.